WHPacific Civil Engineer in Seattle, Washington
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan, administer and design small to medium size Transportation related projects.
• Responsibilities include: roadway, drainage, and utility infrastructure design for small to medium sized projects.
• Manage design tasks as lead engineer.
• Occasional site inspection/monitoring on project job sites.
• Aid in proposal preparation, detailing scope of services and overall budgets.
• Assist in marketing, writing proposals, winning work, maintaining and developing key client relationships.
• Participate in client-rich professional organizations and functions
*MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: *
• BSCE required
• PE required (or ability to obtain within 6 months); licenses in other states a plus.
• 5 -12 years engineering experience (minimum 5 years required) with a background in surface transportation design projects including a combination of roadway, earthworks, storm water, pedestrian improvements, bicycle facilities and technical report writing (multi-disciplined civil experience is a plus).
• A minimum of 1 year experience managing tasks, small projects and professional staff.
• Solid understanding of civil design and construction standards in Washington state.
• Possess a proven history of meeting project deadlines and budgets.
• Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D (2014 or newer preferred) and Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff and management.
• Adaptability and ability to respond quickly and accurately under pressure.
• Candidate must possess a valid Washington State Driver s License; must be able to meet company insurability requirements.
• Must be able to travel occasionally.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain.
• Frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Walk on uneven surfaces, bend, squat, climb stairs, and sit for extended periods of time
• Work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, answer telephones
• Lift and carry 20 pounds frequently, as needed.
• Frequent rapid mental/hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Usual office environment.