Microsoft Corporation SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER in Redmond, Washington
Azure Cosmos DB is Microsoft’s next generation globally distributed, elastic scale, multi-model cloud database service - designed to enable developers to build planet scale applications. We are looking for engineers to work on the storage engine powering Cosmos DB. Work on the engine includes addition of new features required for new end-to-end scenarios. In addition to new features, you will work on improving the performance and scalability of the storage engine.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following skills: Ability to function at multiple levels in a complex stack, passion for databases and storage engines, and focus on quality and performance.
• 4+ years of programming experience in C OR C++ OR C# OR Java.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
• Experience with Distributed Systems
• Strong C++ debugging skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.