The WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) Document Processor in Puyallup, Washington
For 50 years, Western Institutional Review Board® (WIRB), a member of the WIRB-Copernicus Group, has been at the forefront of protecting the rights and welfare of human subjects during all phases of clinical trials. Recognized as the gold standard of human subject protection, WIRB is the trusted partner to over 1,000 institutions in the United States alone. Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to impact the healthcare needs today and in the future! If you wish to be a part of a company which is making a difference around the globe, apply today!
Why are we hiring?
Simple, we are busy!
Our Document Processors are responsible for processing clinical study research documents while utilizing our proprietary software program. Over time you will have the opportunity to rotate between various functions and gain new skills, and increase your pay! Although having knowledge of medical terminology is helpful, it is not required. If you’re looking for a back-office administrative type position, this role might be for you. This position is internally called IRB Operations Specialist.
- The primary responsibility will be to collect, revise, and process clinical trial and protocol documents in preparation for our board’s review.
- Review and edit the documents to comply with company formatting standards.
- Enter data into our proprietary software.
- Work effectively in a queue with high volumes and frequent changes, all while meeting rigid deadlines.
- Maintain both speed and accuracy requirements.
- Overtime is often required in order to meet deadlines and to help clinical trial participants. We estimate 0-10 hours of overtime weekly.
## What this job is not:
- We are not editors. Our review process is focused on the content of the clinical study, which is submitted to us by our clients.
## *Education Requirements: *
- HS Diploma is required
- Bachelors degree or two+ years of office experience where proofing documents and attention to detail were essential elements of your job requirements.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- A background in utilizing specialized database systems is strongly desired.
- Ability to quickly proofread and detect errors in formatting.
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical, dental and vision plans - within 30 days of your employment.
- 20 PTO days and 10 paid holidays annually
- Matching 401K program
- Tuition reimbursement
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. *
This is a full time-nonexempt position