Washington State Maintenance Supervisor-Bellevue Night Shift in Bellevue, Washington
Please Note: This Position is a Night Shift normally scheduled to work 8:30PM-7:00AM Sunday-Wednesday. In addition to the listed salary this position is entitled to an additional $3.00/hr for Night shift work.
The Opportunity: WSDOT is seeking an experienced maintenance professional ready and willing to provide leadership, guidance, and support for employees tasked with roadway and roadside maintenance in the Bellevue maintenance office. This is a great challenge for team minded person who thrives on being a leader in the field and wants the opportunity to work with others knowing that what you do really does make a difference on our state roads. Working in the maintenance field requires a responsible, customer service oriented, safety-minded person to accomplish assigned tasks. Recognizing that safety is a top priority,this position will often work* in areas of high traffic volume while performing normal job functions.*
The selected individual for this position will work in all weather conditions, be safety conscious and be available for overtime and emergency response. This position will supervise highway maintenance crews in roadway maintenance such as, , sweeping, drainage maintenance, paving, traffic control and snow and ice operations.
Maintenance positions may include rotating or weekend shifts. These positions are ready 24 hours a day; seven days a week to remove snow and ice, which is needed to keep state highways open during winter storms. In addition, are subject to the drug and alcohol testing requirements of the Federal Highway Administration.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives whilefostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video:Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Efficiently and effectively plan, budget, schedule, and supervise highway maintenance crews and operations.
- Ensure employee safety in all aspects of daily work.
- Investigate complaints and inspect assigned highway sections to determine maintenance needs, hazards, and encroachments.
- Make responsible decisions and adhere to all applicable policies and laws.
- Prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks, including emergency situations.
- Track work requests, arrange rental or lease of equipment, order and maintain materials and inventory stockpiles.
- Use personal computer to prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports.
- Develop and maintain effective, professional working relationships with staff, various state and local agencies, and the public.
- Safely operate trucks to 54,000 GVW to perform work in the field as needed.
- Train/coach/mentor/supervise staff to include completion of annual performance reviews.
- Perform Standby on a rotating basis.
Other duties as assigned. *Required Qualifications: *
Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with endorsement N and without endorsement K (airbrakes restriction).
High school graduate or equivalent. An ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Experience in highway maintenance, construction, or related experience.
- Experience 26,000 to 54,000 GVW dump trucks in all weather and roadside conditions, day or night, with snowplow and chemical deicer attachments.
- Professional experience in snow and ice operations as it pertains to highway maintenance.
- Experience leading and, training staff in daily operation procedures and customer service.
- Possess a WA State Flagging card and have experience in traffic control per Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) including planning, setting signs/other traffic control devices, and flagging.
- WA State Public Applicator pesticide license with applicable endorsements (within 12 months of hire)
- Two (2) years highway maintenance experience at the Lead Maintenance Technician level or equivalent crew leadership position. Note:This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the WFSE, or arrange to pay to that union a fee equivalent to its regular monthly dues. The union shop provision shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee's initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please hit the large apply button at the top of this announcement,you may need to set up an account profile.*To be considered for this position, you will need to insert a letter of interest and resume in the "resume text" area of your electronic application and complete the supplemental questions. *Be prepared to provide references at the time of interview.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Cody Buchananat email@example.com*.* Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-NWR-12567.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter.
Salary: $56,844.00 - $76,464.00 Annually
Location: King County – Bellevue, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 18DOT-NWR-12567
Closing: 5/15/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact